Hyogo Cultural Centre conducts many activities for the education and enjoyment of all West Australians:
- Chatterbox (language exchange)
- Japanese cultural workshops and demonstrations, including tea ceremony, flower arrangement, calligraphy, art & craft, cooking, and kimono, for the public, teachers and students
- Japanese business culture courses
- Japanese language courses
- Film evenings
- Seminars (professional development for Japanese language teachers, business, culture, and language)
- Social activities
Hyogo Culture Centre activities are open to the public and many are free.
Meeting and Exchange
One of Hyogo Cultural Centre’s most important roles is to facilitate personal contacts between West Australians and people from Hyogo and Japan. This involves establishing occasions for interaction with Perth’s Japanese community and local people, and also assisting in educational, sporting, cultural, economic and private exchange between WA and Hyogo.